Grant Scheme for purchasing/repairing of Artificial Limbs and Hearing Aids for the Persons with Disabilities
Objective and Purpose
The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial grant to person with disabilities to buy artificial limbs and auxiliary equipment whose (employed or self employed) or whose family’s income (in case of dependant) is not more than the decided BPL limit i.e., Rs.46080/- for rural areas and Rs.56460/- for urban areas from all sources and this annual income is scaled for per family or as per the amendments made by the Uttar Pradesh Government.
Rate of Grant
Under this scheme, for the purchase of artificial limbs and auxiliary equipment for person with disabilities, maximum amount of financial grant will be Rs.8000/- or the grant as decided by or amended by the Uttar Pradesh Government.
Eligibility and Conditions
- Any person with disability of any age who is the resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- Such person with disability, whose minimum disability is 40% and should be certified by Competent Authority of State Government. In the state of mental retardation, the state of the blocked or incomplete development of the mind which is specially characterized by abnormalities of growth, which has been certified by the competent authority.
- Medical Officer has recommended for the artificial limbs / accessories required for Person with Disabilities.
- Such person with disabilities who are not benefited by the Indian Government/State Government/Local Bodies in last three years for equipment. However, for the regular students of any educational institution this limit will be for one year.
Persons with Disabilities who come under poverty line (Rs.46080/- in rural areas and Rs.56460/- in urban areas, this income has been decided per family annually) will be eligible for the grant or as per the guidelines of Uttar Pradesh government. To receive grant, income certificate issued by Hon'ble Member of Parliament, Hon'ble MLA, Mayor, Councilor, Nagar Panchayat Chairman, Zila Panchayat Chairman, First Class Magistrate of district, Tehsildar, BDO and Gram Pradhan will be eligible.
Details of Equipment
Under the scheme, as per the disability, artificial limbs/auxiliary equipment will be provided to the Persons with Disability:-
- Mobility Assistance Equipment like:- Tricycle, Wheelchair, C.P. Chair, Crutches, Walking Sticks and Walking s
- Students who are visually impaired will be provided with educational equipment like mathematical, abacus, geometry kits and Braille educational kits.
- Blind stick for visually impaired persons.
- For hearing impaired persons, different types of hearing-aided equipment and education kit.
- M.S.I.D. kit (Multi-Sensory Education Development Kit) for children and students with mental disabilities.
- Daily activity kits (A.D.L. Kit) to people free from leprosy.
- In case of multi-disability or person with disabilities who need more than one assistance/aid equipment, they will be provided with maximum Rs.8000/- financial grant in one go.
Procedure of grant and restrictions
- Prescribed application-form will have to be submitted to Office of The District PWD Empowerment Officer of concerned district.
- District PWD Empowerment Officer will provide approval of financial grant to applicants against the fund available, on 'First Come and First Serve Basis' by categorizing the applications received.
- Under this scheme, if any application is cancelled, the list of such applicants will be maintained with the exact reason(s) of cancellation.
- For the effective implementation of this manual, important guidelines will be released by the Director, PWD Empowerment Department time to time.
- The decision of government will be final on any controversial subject under this scheme and the decision will be abiding by all.
How to apply
Persons with disabilities can apply through Office of the PWD Empowerment Officer /Jan Suvidha Kendra/Lokvani and can receive the updated status of E-application.
Procedure of Equipment Distribution
Auxiliary Equipment will be distributed to beneficiaries through the camps in various districts on basis of “First Come First Serve”.