Disability (Due to) Leprosy Nutrition Grant Scheme
Ex-Hon’ble Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh made an announcement as to start Disability (Due to) Leprosy Nutrition Grant Scheme for the first time in India with its for the nourishment of Leprosy Disabled people.
Besides ongoing Handicap Nourishment Grant Scheme, decision of granting funds to the people here suffering due to the disability attributed to leprosy has also been taken, by Handicapped Welfare Department.
Features of the Scheme are as following:-
The Scheme benefits those, here suffering due to the disability attributed to leprosy (whatever is the percentage of disability) and who is also the holder of Handicap Certificate which has been issued by the Chief Medical Officer of concerned district of Uttar Pradesh.
- PWDs (attributable to leprosy) & citizen of Uttar Pradesh too.
- People who are receiving sums under the Old age pension, destitute women pension and other pension schemes will not be entitled to this pension/grant.
- For above pension/grant B.P.L. ceiling is applicable.
- No age limit.
- Amount of grant for beneficiaries is Rs.2500/- government may amen the amount from time to time.
- Payment of grants will be transferred to beneficiaries’ account through e-payment mode.
- In the FY 2015-16, the is provision of Rs.15 crore has been made in the budget.
- Application, will be presented in prescribed format at Tehsil office in urban areas and at Gram Panchayat in rural areas.
- Under this scheme, grant will be approved by Sub-District Magistrate (SDM) for urban areas and concerned Gram panchayat will approve grant for rural areas. For payment of pension, approved application will be forwarded to District Handicapped Welfare Department Officer, through Block Development Officer (BDO) by Gram Panchayat. If name of any eligible PWD is not proposed by Gram Panchayat for grant, then after delay of one month, BDO can conduct investigation and can approve to grant the beneficiary.
- In his respective district, District Divyang sashaktikaran officer will receive application in his office and will make list of it, and will implement first-come-first –serve policy.
- Incomplete application received for this scheme WILL NOT BE REJECTED, instead documents/certificates are not attached with application, will be made complete by the District Divyang sashaktikaran officer office.
- Grant amount of new applicant, will be paid as per the availability of budget.